Chief of Psychiatry
County of Santa Cruz
County of Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, California 95060
SALARY: $253,739 - 293,654
Annually CalPERS retirement benefits, plus Deferred Compensation and Defined Contribution plans available.
* Candidates may be eligible for relocation assistance & advanced paid leave accrual.
THE POSITION: Santa Cruz Behavioral and Substance Abuse Services is seeking a Chief of Psychiatry for an innovative, multidisciplinary system of behavioral health care with strong inter-divisional and departmental collaborations with Health, Public Health, Department of Social Services, Probation Department and other community partners. The Chief provides direct oversight and direction to members of the Medical Staff, which is comprised of psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, nursing staff and medical assistants.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Supervision of medical staff,
- Participation in program planning and evaluation,
- Liaison with other health professionals in both the public and private sector, and
- Education of
community members on issues related to Behavioral Health
*The Chief provides up to 10 hours per week of direct clinical care.
- Graduation from an approved medical school and satisfactory completion of a three-year psychiatric residency approved by the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association; and five (5) years of experience in the field of public mental health or mental health administration.
- Possession of a valid Physician and Surgeon's certification issued by the State of California. If licensed in another state, candidates may participate in the recruitment and examination process, however, possession of a valid Physician’s and Surgeon’s Certificate issued by the State of California is required at the time of appointment.
- Possession of a State and/or Federal narcotic license for administration of narcotics.Paid holidays, excellent benefits and CalPERS retirement
The County of Santa Cruz offers work-life balance with its generous benefits package which includes annual leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits!
For more information regarding the position, please contact Erik Riera, Director of Behavioral Health Services at (831) 454-4515 or via email at Erik.Riera@santacruzcounty.us.
For information regarding the application process please contact Teresa Carrillo, Personnel Analyst at (831) 454-3025. If you have a disability that would require test accommodation, call (831) 454-2600. Hearing Impaired TDD/TTY: 711.
APPLY NOW! Please visit www.santacruzcountyjobs.com
Beautiful Coastal CommunityMediterranean Climate
Progressive Behavioral Health System
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Date Posted : 03/12/2020
Share On :